Monday, July 26, 2010

fish out of water.

I was told architecture was a boys club. But when I got into architecture school there were more women than men. And when I got hired on at a firm in Charlottetown we had a party, because my arrival tipped the scale, more women than men.

On site, I expect alot and nothing from the men I meet. I expect them to be crass and I don't expect them to be helpful. But over the last couple of years on a variety of sites I have met nothing but amazing people. Only once have I ever had to put a guy in his place.

So where is all of the stereotypical 'girls shouldn't be on site' crap? It is in society. So next time you meet a girl taking on 'the wrong' job and you think she 'really?! a girl!', think again. Thank you kindly to anyone reading this who has helped a fish out of water and Thank you to all of you who see the quality of work and not the gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment